Thursday, February 5, 2009

...in medias res

It is only the beginning, and yet, there is so much to talk about. After finding out that I was going to be part of the premed internship with www.rateadrug.com I had a lot of work to do. The title of this blog alone took me about an hour to come up with. And, this is about the fourth draft I have written for this first blog entry.

I have been racking my brains trying to come up with a specific area of focus. My main interest is in gathering medications that relate to neurological studies as this is my area of focus at my job with Primary Children's Hospital and I have a large amount of experienced health care workers from which I can gather information.
However, this is too small of a segment of the population.

So, I have decided that I will focus on two things. I will collect general information surveys from the population at large: friends, family, students, patients etc. And starting next week I will be doing a drug of the week feature. This will be based upon medications that I deal with at my work. The drug of the week feature will be largely my own research and the opinion of medical professionals with whom I work. This should help me to fulfill my two major goals and gather a great deal of information.

And if you are stumbling upon this blog and feel like contributing you can go to www.rateadrug.com and do a survey on any medication you are currently taking or have been on in the past including over the counter stuff. When the survey asks you where you heard about the webpage put PPREP in the first dropdown menu and TB927 in the second.

Cheers, and look forward to next week's feature drug!

No comments:

Post a Comment