Thursday, March 5, 2009

Regulate

I am coming to learn that it is difficult to get large groups of people to do things.

200 surveys does not seem to be a large number. In fact, if approached individually, 200 people is not that many people. The problem is one of how to reach the most people in the shortest amount of time.

My latest endeavor was to place fliers on people's cars telling them about www.rateadrug.com and all of the cool things that it has to offer the public. I know that these fliers are annoying to receive. I personally do not much like that this method has been used before, but it is a great way to reach people. I could contact 200 cars in less than 30 minutes and if only 25% of the people did surveys that would add another 50 surveys to my total. If nothing else the numbers are encouraging.

I have learned, however, that most places discourage this type of thing. After trying to go through the right channels so that I can contact people in this way it has come to my attention that most places don't like you doing that. In fact the university I attend will actually prosecute someone if they are caught doing this.

So, that plan was scrapped, but life goes on. I will also be contacting people in a more personal way by talking to the members of my science classes; I am not sure if I will extend this to my other non-science courses or not. I will also make some more fliers, those seem to have gotten a pretty good response. I should look for other areas of the community in which I can place those fliers though...
And I have finally gotten approval to be able to speak with my co-workers which I am very excited about.

So, the work continues despite minor set backs and I should be able to hit the 200 mark, if not a few more, by the time that May is winding down.

No comments:

Post a Comment